Created during the 1920’s as a professional association for area osteopathic physicians, the Cleveland Academy of Osteopathic Medicine (CAOM) continues to follow its original mission to promote and elevate medical education, postgraduate training and research, and to encourage mutual understanding and cooperation between Academy members and public health agencies for the improvement of public health.
CAOM is one of the 13 district Academies in Ohio that comprises the Ohio Osteopathic Association (OOA). Each district provides professional support to DOs locally and promotes osteopathic visibility and outreach in the community. The OOA serves as the divisional society of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), which is the national association located in Chicago.
Currently, CAOM membership is comprised of over 200 physicians, almost 300 residents and interns, and approximately 100 students. The Academy continues to strive to assure necessary, appropriate, high quality, and accessible medical care.